North Americans spend almost 90% of their time indoors. Exposure to chemical and biological contaminants increases the risk of developing respiratory and neurologic symptoms, allergies, asthma and various forms of cancer.
Four primary reasons are at the root of poor indoor air quality (IAQ) in residences:
- Energy conservation measures, including tighter, well-insulated buildings.
- Increasing use of synthetic building materials, furnishings and finishes.
- Poor design and construction.
- Occupant activities, including smoking, use of cleaning products, pesticides, and poor maintenance of the home and its heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) system.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), gaseous and particle pollutant levels in the home are often 5 to 100 times higher than those found outdoors. A home's furnishings, building materials, appliances, cleaning chemicals, and hobby materials are just some of the sources of these pollutants. Excessive moisture in homes from water leaks and uncontrolled humidity also can lead to elevated allergens and moulds. A consequence of air tight and well-insulated building construction is thatless fresh air enters structures, which allows pollutant levels to increase by trapping air inside. Eventually, indoor air can become irritating and unhealthy to home occupants.
We are all now aware of how bacteria and virus are spread between people in close contact. A home with the Odorox® technology cleaning the air and surfaces, will assist in the reduction of these germs/micro-organisms as it constantly eliminates them before having a chance to spread. Odorox® hydroxyl generators provide a working solution to poor indoor air quality by cleaning the air and surfaces in the confined space of bacteria, virus, mould, and volatile organic compounds (VOC's).
- Odorox® technology uses no chemicals and leaves no residue; it is ideal for the environment of the chemically sensitive or medically compromised person.
- Odorox® technology is extremely energy efficient – operating at less than 2 amps. The production of hydroxyls naturally lowers the humidity in your environment, creating a crisp fresh atmosphere and generally lowers energy cost associated with air conditioning.
- Pest/Insect reduction
- Better Night Sleep
Odorox® hydroxyl generators are particularly beneficial for:
People who suffer from:
- Lung diseases
- Respiratory problems
- Weakened immune system
- Chemical Sensitivities
Odorox® products for use in the home are the Oasis which is connected to the central air system for homes up to 3,500 sq feet. For apartments or for use in smaller sections of the home you should consider the Slim Line which are compact and designed for smaller spaces.