Hydroxyls (•OH) are naturally occurring molecules that are created in our atmosphere when the sun’s ultraviolet rays react with water vapor.
Odorox® Hydroxyl Generators replicate this natural process.
Odorox® implements a dual process attack on contaminants.
1. The processing chamber sanitizes the air that passes over the bulb optics (same as other UV technology) and produces hydroxyls (•OH) (unique to any other UV Technology).
2. The hydroxyl (•OH) molecules exit the chamber and fills the confined space to decontaminate air AND surfaces.
- Contaminated air is directed into the chamber where ambient humidity and multiple nanometer wavelengths and frequencies combine to create an oxidizing (reduction chemistry) formula to produce hydroxyls.
- The quartz crystal optics are finely tuned to deodourize air flow, eradicate bacteria and other microorganisms, and produce hydroxyl molecules.
- The purified air is recycled back into the environment along with hydroxyls to further decontaminate surfaces & contents • Outside the Odorox® unit the hydroxyls immediately being a cascade reaction in the air. This cascading of hydroxyls quickly disperse throughout the air and penetrates surfaces and objects.
The Odorox® Cascade Effect
- Once the hydroxyls are created, they are moved with air circulation and attract the odour molecules, bacteria, viruses, mould, VOCs and other chemicals, attach to them and take them and neutralize.
- Outside the unit the hydroxyls begin a cascade reaction in the air, creating even more hydroxyls allowing them to disperse throughout the confined space to clean the air, penetrate surfaces and objects.
- Because of the hydroxyl creation, it does not require all of the contaminants within a room to pass through the processing chamber, it guarantees a more rapid and thorough decontamination.
- The hydroxyl molecule sanitizing pollutants in the far corner of the room is not necessarily the same hydroxyl molecule that exited the generator.
- Any quenched hydroxyls are continuously replaced by the system, providing constant decontamination.
Odorox® is VERY different from other UV technology because
- It produces atmospheric hydroxyls strong enough to neutralize viruses and bacteria
- It completely cleans air & all surfaces in contained spaces
- Other UV technologies only clean the actual air that passes over the UV bulbs (about 20% of the air in a room.)
- Odorox® hydroxyls will reach places where you can’t reach
- It penetrates deep into fabrics, porous materials and everywhere air can reach